Apr 5, 2008

The Soccer Mum



GO KEMPS CREEK TIGERS!!!!
Well it is Saturday and we have had our first official game of soccer. Love the official jersey with his name - makes him important even before he takes the field. WE lost 7-0. A big loss - the other team was amazing. A bit worried about the fact that Luke is playing in the Under 11s (and he is 9) and that he is playing in Division 2 (the 2nd highest division). I think that we are going to experience a few losses. I don't mind that as I think that kids need to know how to lose gracefully. It doesn't seem to matter - Luke still had a great time. He was the Team Captain today. A job that he took very seriously!!! I am ever so proud of him. He led the troops out and picked them up when they fell down. I have a sore throat from yelling words of encouragement. It was an early morning start. Wasn't too bad today as it was a warm day. Don't know if I am going to enjoy those cold mornings. Enjoyed my first morning of being a soccer mum. Hmm not sure about soccer as being a sport that is easy to photograph!!! Not sure how many scrapbooking moments will come out of this.
Signing off - Soccer Mum
Rell
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GO LUKE!!!!! A loss is Ok! esp since you look sooo spunky in that uniform!
I am coming to one of the games just to watch you BE a soccer mum Rel and call out!!!! borrow my tripod and with your big lense and sports mode you will get some good shots.
4 days to go and we can have a holiday scrap/blog lesson catch up!

Helene said...

Hey rell and family. I'm glad that Luke loves soccer. What is Ben doing? Is he back to gymnastics. Thanks for the wishes for Harrison. I read my e-mails and I miss you guys so much. It is really very hard to be so far away. I don't think that even David realised how hard it would be but I think he has a few regrets. Hopefully we will be there for a few weeks at the end of june into July for the school holidays. I know that is the busiest time for everyone but hopefully we will get out. I need some good chinese food. All the best.
Helene