Apr 22, 2008

Our Romantic Night


OK so we organise for the boys to have sleep over with their friends. Ben went to Michael's and Luke went to Jayden/Dylan's. It started off with me feeling really nervous about Benny sleeping at someone else's house without Luke to look after him. But he wanted to - guess that he was ready and that you have to let them go at some point. I knew that Luke would be fine as he is a little older and sleepovers are the done thing-although he still hasn't slept at anyone's house except Aunty Shu Shu's house. So I do the drop off and then go for a little shopping outing with my sister. You know I should have really enjoyed the peaceful shop but it wasn't the same without my boys.

Oh how I wish I could relax and enjoy those few moments when they are not around.

Chris and I decided to go for dinner (nice and romantic). Well it was far from that as I spent too much time texting to make sure that Ben had gone off to sleep OK. There were no dramas - he was fine. It was me who wasn't coping.

On return home I felt a little under the weather with the flu. I had a shower and when I come out to the kitchen Chris was sitting doing his paperwork. I went to bed and didn't hear him even come to bed. Then I woke up early the next morning and couldn't go back to sleep.

Realisation!!!! I thought that my kids were a big part of my life but what I realised is that they really are my life. They are "My Everything." Yes my life has changed dramatically since they have been in it - all for the better.

What I have promised myself is that the next time that they go that I WILL enjoy my time more!!!!!!!!!! Maybe alcohol will help.

So no big Romantic Night (sorry Chris)- just a mother counting the hours until her kids were back under her roof where she could hear them breathe and tell them to brush their teeth and greet them good morning and do all of those things that only a mother does.My dearest family, you really do mean the world to me.
Love Rell
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh you are the sweetest mum ever! now I wish you were my sister and my mum!!!
talk soon!

Michelle said...

Your Funny!!! I guess that what happens when you become a Mum.

Michelle said...

Thats such a beautiful photo of the Boys. I want a copy. Love Aunty Shu Shu