Feb 9, 2009

In True Nies Tradition

This has become a Nies tradition. You run for school SCR (Student Representative Council) and when you are elected you decline and usually cry. Luke started the tradition a couple of years ago and now proudly Ben has decided to continue the tradition. On Friday his gorgeous teacher wanted to see me and it was to tell me that he had been elected as their class SRC BUT then had burst into tears and cried saying that he didn't want to do it. When I tried to open up a conversation with him he cried again. Luckily his teacher gave him the weekend to think about it and I have managed to overcome his fear of the unknown. He is going to break the embarrassing tradition and give it a go. Our first SRC Rep or maybe - can't be too certain. Yippeee!!!

I am sure that my kids enjoy the embarrassment that this brings for me. This time I just laughed and thought that would be right. So Luke decides that this is his year to give SRC a go - I think I am ready this time Mum. Well things don't always work out the way that you want them to as he was out voted by his best friend by two votes. Never mind - there is always next year. I guess they are just really asking themselves the question that I ask myself everyday - to lead or not to lead???

Funny. I think what won Ben over was I told him that he got to wear a fancy badge each day and that he got to keep it. We will see how he goes????? Kids - they certainly colour your lives.

Love to All
Rell
xxxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol - loved hearing this story today.

off to check bumps

babbler done

max better (fingers crossed)

danielle said...

My darling if it is true that children colour our lives then your children are the equivalent of a box of fluro pencils with sparkles and strobe effect and possibly even some tartan. Oh and paisley. I can't imagine where they get it from although one of my friends that I love has the same effect on my life. Hmmm, wonder who that could be?