Aug 23, 2008

What Do You Do When You Can't See the Sunshine?


What Do You Do When You Can't See the Sunshine?

At the moment I feel like it is really hard to see the sunshine for the SHIT!!! There have been so many negative things happen lately that I am finding it hard to see the positive as I feel that I am surrounded by so much of the negative. Last weekend some of our neighbours had a huge fight and one of them needed some serious First Aid attention and I offered to help out. That messed me up a little as it was very graffic and there was a lot of blood. Then I found out that one of my X students is up on a murder charge. That really saddenes me as this boy was just gorgeous and he had such a nice family. How does it go so wrong????? I have very fond memories of him in my classroom and found it very hard to come to terms with the fact that he was involved in the death of another. Then there were some choice moments at school that made things a little tough. Anyway that was last week - so I told myself that this week would be better and that better things would be ahead. However this week hasn't been a whole lot better - in fact it has possibly been worse.

Luke has had another incident at school. On Wednesday afternoon when I got home he was really upset and I quickly realised that he was hurt and that he required medical attention. He had been hit in the head several times and there was swelling behind his ear. The doctor actually checked his ear for internal bleeding. DO you think that I got a call from the school to inform me that he had been HURT??? NO!!!!! Anyway we have met with the school and I have expressed my disappointment with the way that things are dealt with. Luke is still very emotional and keeps asking what he should do if another incident happens????? What do you tell your son - when the system is failing him???? Anyway he is out of school until we can resolve the problem and I can have some kind of guarantee that he will be safer. Anyone that knows Luke knows that he is not a violent child and it saddens me to think that he is being forced to defend himself. Maybe this school environment is not for us????? Seriously considering other options.

Life has not been a barrel of laughs and these are just the highlights - there have been plenty more in between moments that have been less than fun. I really feel like I can't see the sunshine for the SHIT! For the moment I guess that I will have to be content with looking at other's sunshine. This photo is from Linny and Dave's holiday in Broome. Linny got some beautiful sunset photos that I am extremely envious of. I want to go to Broome.

More importantly I just want to be able to see the sunshine again in my everyday life. There have to be better times ahead.

Hope that is all is well with everyone.
Love to All
Rell
xxxx
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Donna J said...

Hey babe,

Remember its always darkest before the dawn. Just know you have so many friends that love you and support you. If you need us we're there any time of the day.

Donna

Unknown said...

Oh PET, I have watched you face most of this and i wish I could do something to make it better.....(pull a MAX face or say something silly). but YES sometimes the s*#t just keeps hitting us in the face. I just want to give you a hug, go out for a girls night and SING and dance like we were 23 again!!!! LOL

I think you now need to come away with us this weekend.....NOW that will be the well deserved break you need ....as of the following monday you will be sitting in the BIG chair with 4 weeks to FREEDOM

big hugs to Luke too

I love ya and hope all gets better ASAP.

Helene said...

hey Rell,
I hope Luke is doing Ok. Hopefully this week will be a bit brighter. Having a drink for you.

Love,
Helene

danielle said...

There is always the option of drowning it all in chocolate cake and alcohol. Say the word and I'll make you ill on both. Get yourself a Magnum ice-cream and prepare for a Gold Class movie night with the girls. If you need someone to mind Luke at any point I'm home all week, I may not be his first preference but if all the kids are at school he probably would enjoy himself or at worst come home 6kg heavier.

Ben said...

Hi Narelle, if you squint you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately that light is just a freight train... with me on the back of it in a tuxedo, testing the tunnel acoustics by singing 'Abracadabra' at the top of my lungs.

You seem to be enduring a pretty bad patch at the moment and yet you haven't folded. If you want to see some positives in this - look to yourself and how you have influenced each situation. Without you involved it would have been much worse!

A toast to your efforts in real adversity! (sorry I'm only holding up a coffee at the laptop).

Unknown said...

just a reminder to BLOG