Aug 12, 2008

Be Kinder Than You Need To Be

The other day I was reading an email and it ended with
"Be Kinder Than You Need to be as everyone is fighting their own battle."
When I read this I thought HOW TRUE! Everyone is fighting some battle - big or small and we are all guilty of judging others when we truly don't know the battle that is being fought. For some it is insecurity, for others it is a health issue, for others life has dealt a hard hand, for some it is dealing with difficult children, others it is that life has let them down in some way. I guess what I am saying is that everyone is doing the best that they can with what they have got.

Everyone has a hurdle to jump - there aren't many of us that cruise through life. Those of us that make life look easy are usually the ones that cover up really well. So for all of those battlers out there keep battling, keep fighting and know that you are not alone.

OK that is enough of being philosophical - don't really know what bought that on. Today was better than yesterday. I do have a favourite part of my day. At school we held a big Olympics event and we were preparing children with what to expect. I was down visiting a Kindy class when I heard a conversation about our day that was about to happen. There is this gorgeous little boy in Kindy who has so much spunk - he is adorable.

He was saying that he was a little worried about his day as he had not ridden a horse before and we explained to him that there wasn't going to be an Equestrian event - no horses for you to ride. He replied that's OK and then he said well I haven't ridden a bike either and then we explained that there wouldn't be any cycling at our Olympic Day.

He was OK with all of that and ran off happily to be in the events that we had prepared. It was one of those
Priceless Moments!!

I think that he was thinking that he was really going to the Olympics. Who knows maybe one day he will!!!!! In the mean time it is the closest experience that he will get to going to the Olympics. It still makes me smile. There are a few moments in your day that make all of the rest so worthwhile and especially in the area that I work in - there is a lot of disadvantaged kids. Giving them these experience is so important. I know that I have an important job and that it is an absolute privilege to be able to work with children.

Hope that all of you are having a great week!
Love to All
Rell
xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY I sooooo hear you! I hope D. dares to dream as he is such a wonderful child, just like the other 200. You are making a difference in their lives and it is a privledge to watch you work, learning off you is great! thanks for a great week and for buying me my first ever pretzel (YUM YUM)!!!
I Sooooo wish you were coming away with the scrapping girls - :( you know we would have a blast!!!!

danielle said...

Hey gorgeous,
I just want to check how you manged to do the kayaking. Those white water rapids would have been a real treat. Seriously what an inspiring thing to do with the kids. If just one of them walked away thinking they can be great that is an amazing thing to achieve. xxxxx