Feb 7, 2010

I Earnt My Money This Week


This week was a tough one and I know that I earnt every dollar and then some as Relieving Principal. Tuesday was exceptionally difficult with a child being suspended by 10.00am and then there was a large issue with a Kindy child that saw a parent become quite aggressive (and rightfully so) and then there was a child that had not been picked up at 4.30pm and it looked like we were would have to take her to the police station. Boy oh Boy and these were just the major things- there were a million little things in between. But I got through. I must admit there was a point where I thought about locking myself in the toilet but I was brave and faced it. I do work with an exceptional staff who are so hardworking and supportive. It really is a lovely workplace despite the challenges that come with it. I was quite sick this week as well. I am starting to feel better.

This is a photo taken by the talented Belinda Howlett. She took a few for us when we visited one day in the holidays. They look great. I can't wait to get my hands on them. Thanks Bel!!! Still missing you at work.

I look at this photo and know how truly blessed I am to have such beautiful kids. They are my saving grace during difficult times. Luke was teary this week when I was sick as he felt helpless in trying to make me better. He said "But Mum you always take care of us when we are sick." Hearing him say that and reflect upon the fact that I am there when needed made me teary as well.

Off to plan for another busy week ahead. This week we interview for our new Principal - fingers crossed that we get a super one!!!!!

Hope that everyone is well. Thanks for dropping by.
Love to All
Rell
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you earn your money everyday. YOU are one of the best!!!Were your ears burning today...Karen was saying how good you were too as we were at a naming day together.
thanks for the kind words on the photos, makes it easier when I have good looking sublects like you and your boys.
Ok you have another big week ahead, actually LOTS is riding on your shoudlers....GOODLUCK, fingers crossed and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pick a good one.
love ya to the moon and back xx

alyndabear said...

I'm sure you're doing an amazing job Narelle - can't be an easy job! :)

Good luck with your choices.. I hope it goes well. I miss working at Bonnyrigg! x

Michelle said...

Beautiful photo, hope you feel better!!!