Aug 8, 2009

Bizarre

Ok so it has been an interesting week. I have had the good, the bad and the ugly happen to me. The week has left me kind of saying - "What The." So on Monday I found out that Dad had a stroke. I felt terrible being so far away and unable to be with him. Apparently he is OK but I still feel that his time is very limited. So I will organise to go and visit him in the next month or so.

The good was spending time with my little nephew. He is just so beautiful. Such a content baby. School was also busy but good. A lot of new families moving into the area.

Now for the ugly - well I know that this may sound a little unbelievable but I ran over a sting ray when I was picking the boys up on Wednesday afternoon. I didn't know that I had and when we were walking back to the car the boys were saying that there was a sting ray on the road. I told them not to be silly that it was probably a squashed lizard because I could clearly see the tail. Well on closer inspection we found out that it was in fact a sting ray. We walked back to the car and Luke said that something smelt fishy and I said that it was probably the boat that I could see. I told him that it was probably the boat that lost the sting ray. So we drove home. When we got home Luke said that he could still smell the horrible smell and I once again told him not to be silly. When I went around to his side of the car I too could smell a fishy smell. So I started to inspect the car and saw that I had sting ray guts hanging off my mud flap. I spent the afternoon hosing this off. Then I had to scoop the left overs up. Unbelievable I know BUT it happened. Something that could only happen to me. This whole event made me laugh and laugh and laugh some more. I guess God has a sense of humour!!!! (and that it OK just stop using it on me).

The problem with this whole story is that it is really hard to tell people as it is so unbelievable. The next afternoon I took photos of the culprit on my phone. I wish that I could transfer then to this. LOL

So the next time you think why me - consider why the bloody hell not!!!!!!
Love to All reading this bizarre entry.
Rell

No comments: