Sep 30, 2008

The Holidays Are Here - Yipee!

OK the holidays are here and I am so glad. This term was a long hard haul and I only just made it through. I had a major flu that knocked me around for a month and then the boys were sick on and off for weeks. Then Luke had issues at school and had the lump behind his ear from being hit. Then there was the neighbour dispute and me playing nurse and then Chris cut himself and ended up with stitches. Next it was Ben who fell and hit his head and gave himself a huge egg on the back of his head. Ben had to have a CT and a skull X-ray - both came back fine, which was good. Then there was the incident where Chris thought that he was helping out and abused someone that he should not of. And these are just the highlights of the term. Man I thought that I was going around the twist. Anyway I come ou the other end. Next term has to be better.

Then my next challenge was to relieve as Principal. I did this for 4 weeks. It was a bit like a whirlwind!!! We got through. Belinda you are a gem and I could have only done it with your help. I made it through a few notifications, a few suspensions, a staff complaint, a Principal's PARS Meeting and far too many emails. I really enjoyed the opportunity and it was nice to have all of the positive feedback from staff.

The Highlight of My Week
The highlight of my week was when the staff put on a Morning Tea to Thank Me and I was given a beautiful bunch of flowers. I really wasn't expecting it and it was nice to be acknowledged. Team Bonnyrigg are just gorgeous - so many wonderful people. Sitting in the big chair made me realise that you are only as good as the team that you work with and we have a super team.

What was your highlight of the week??? Here is some more Homework for you all - only because you responded so well to the last piece of homework that I gave you. Leave a comment regarding your highlight.

Mel - you made me cry with your beautiful message. Thank you! I treasure you just as much. I have so many beautiful memories of you. You are a dear friend and we have been through thick and thin. I will ring you to see when we can catch up. Love Ya!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: