Jun 14, 2008

The Athletics Carnival - Jun 08

On Friday we had Luke's Athletics Carnival. He did really well. He ran the 5th in the 800m, 3rd in the 100m and 4th in the 200m. He went OK in Long Jump. We had a really good day. Luke was completely into the team warcry. I really enjoyed the day. Luke wasn't really all that happy with his results. I think that he expected to do better. We are completely proud of his achievement and I gently tried to explain that you can't come first in everything. It upsets me the pressure that he puts on himself.
Soccer this Week- OK it was a 2 all draw. We scored our first 2 goals for the season. I hope that it keeps going from here and that their confidence continues to grow. The funny thing was that I wasn't there to witness the event as Benny was very sick and I was at home taking care of him. Go Kemps Creek!!!
Sick - Poor Benny started to throw up at 1am on Saturday morning. He threw up every 20 minutes and neither of us got any sleep. It is now 6pm and he is still throwing up. He is my little star though as he hasn't complained at all. He does what he has to and then goes back to bed. Kids are truly resilient. Earlier today he was sitting on the toilet with his head in his hands. That picture was worth a thousand words BUT I couldn't bring myself to take a photo at that point. He was going through enough. So I thought that I would post this cute little photo of a well Ben. Get better my little angle.

Love Always
Rell
xxx
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Luke I am so Proud of you and your soccer team on Saturday, Keep up the good work.

Ben my little munchkin I hope you are feeling better.

Lots of Love Aunty Shu Shu XXXX

Helene said...

Oh how I miss the athletics carnival day. Was everyone there? It looks like the weather was good for the day. Congrats to Luke for his good work. I hope Ben is feeling better. Can't wait to see you guys. Are you off skiing the first week? Will you be home on the Friday to lunch at Jess's? Well book me in for a day. My mobile will be the same so give me a call when you can.
XOXOX
Helene

Helene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

Ewww, there's nothing worse than a yucky tummy bug. I hope Ben bounces back quickly.
And yep...Facebook has kind of taken over at the moment. lol