Mar 7, 2009

I Love My Job

This week was a super week. I had a great week with lots of fantastic lessons. I have been working in classrooms to try and improve the writing skills of our children. Now I think that biggest thing blocking writing is kids poor attitude towards it and their lack of motivation. Well that is what I targeted this week and I saw a huge change in some of the kids. I feel that I may have turned the light on for a few kids. I had kids asking if they could take paper out at lunch time so that they could write and a few tell me how much fun writing was. I also had parents complaining that their kids were staying up too late because they were writing. What a great feeling. The rooms were buzzing. This is why I become a teacher - to turn the lights on!!! The best things was that all kids were achieving - even the less able. I found that the kids that were less able to write have the best imaginations and they were the ones coming up with all of the fantastic ideas. I hope that I can keep the kids motivated. I haven't felt this good about teaching for a while. Looking forward to the week ahead. I realise that to be a teacher is a huge privilege in the regards that you get to shape so many little lives. It is not a privilege that I take lightly.
Love to All
Rell
PS I will publish a couple once I have the author's permission.

1 comment:

danielle said...

I'm glad you have had great success with your little minds. Your passion and enthusiasm make the world a better place.
Dan xxx